Monday, August 10, 2015

New Tools Coming To The Tinker's Workshop!

I have been a big supporter of a site called Kickstarter that has been online for some time now.  This site helps people with new products and ideas bring their creations to market.  Everything from a new movie idea to robots have been funded on Kickstarter.  On the site you will find video presentations of a new product or project that a group of people want you to support so they can reach their funding goals to get their new ideas out to the world.  You can be first in line to purchase a new product at a reduced price and help get a new industry off the ground at the same time.  


I have supported a number of smaller projects on the Kickstarter site over the past couple of years and I am always on the lookout for new tools for the workshop.  So I was really happy to find and support a new product that reached it's funding goal yesterday.  A small company in Australia named Toolbotics has created a new tool that I can't wait to get my hands on. It's called "Tooli".  This is a multi-function robotic CNC tool that is able to laser engrave, cut vinyl for signs, air brush drawings on t-shirts or any flat surface, and can pick and place parts for pattern designs.  This is just to name a few of the functions that this machine can do.  

  In the video I have below you will get a better idea of what this machine looks like, can do and how it all works.  It will be a valuable addition to the workshop and the projects that I create. Funding for the Tooli reached it's goal of $48,000 easily by raising over $66,000 to get their product into production and on the market starting early next year.  Until that time I will have to patiently wait for delivery of my new machine which will not be until March of 2016.  

The machine comes in three different sizes.  The smallest machine has a working area of 16.5" x 12" x 3".  The medium sized machine's working area is 23.6" x 16.5" x 3" and the largest machine is double that size with a very large working area of 33" x 23.6" x 3".  The price difference between the medium and large machine was only $25 dollars so it was a no-brainer when it came to deciding what machine to buy.  For what little more it cost to get the large machine it is money well spent.  I'd rather have the big machine and have the capability of covering all the bases when it comes time to put a project together rather than have the medium sized machine and finding out I needed the machine to be just a couple of inches larger to do what I planned to do in the first place.  So it was an easy decision. 

  I have lots of time to work on a stand for the Tooli machine and I already have several ideas for it's design and options as to where I am going to store it when it does arrive at here at the shop.  It will be a great addition to the line up of tools I already have and use in the shop.  I'll pass along any updates to this acquisition when I get them and remind you again when I finally have it in my hands and can start playing with it. Check out the video below and also check out the Kickstarter website.  You may find something that you could use in your workshop or hobby room that you can help get on the market for the world to see. 









No comments:

Post a Comment