Tuesday, July 28, 2015

2015 Davenport MakeFest Video and New Velomobile Video

On the 18th of this month I attended the first MakeFest held in Davenport Iowa.  This event was put together by my friends at the QC-Colab makerspace in Davenport and for a first time effort it was a huge success.  I was able to get my velombile to the show with help from my friend Keith Claussen from the Co-Lab and I also brought with me a large variety of my 3D printed projects that I have done over the years.  
  It was a long day for me as I had to drive from my home in Wisconsin to Davenport by 8:30 in the morning and the show did not end until 6:00 pm that night.  Then after another 80 plus miles of driving to get home I was finally able to put my feet up and relax.  I was pooped to say the least but the day was worth the effort as I spoke to so many people about my velomobile and how it was constructed and also 3D printing parts for it.  
  Keith managed to shoot a large amount of video and photos of the show and from his files I finally finished the editing of a short video which gives you a good idea of what was at the show and what you missed if you could not be there.  Already plans are being made for next years show and I am sure that it will be bigger and better than this one.  That in itself would be hard to do as this show was worth the effort just to check out all the different things that were on display and demonstrated. Check out the video below and you'll see what I mean.  Also I have an extended video of just my velomobile running around at the MakeFest.  A blast to finally see it while I am driving it.  Enjoy!




Here's the extended video that I put together of me driving my velomobile at the Davenport Iowa MakeFest.




No comments:

Post a Comment